Have you made a resolution for 2018? There are many reasons people can’t stick to their New Year’s resolutions, from setting too many of them to getting derailed by small failures.
With the commencement of 2018 already well underway, its time to refocus on our Work Health & Safety (WHS) priority areas and programs.
Here are some ideas to help you along the way…
- Make safety a personal value
- Set safety as the first agenda item for all meetings
- Educate yourself on the mindset of your workers and assess the climate and culture of the organisation
- Actively seek feedback on your safety leadership behaviours
- Treat contractors like workers – ensure alignment between company and contractor leadership
- Take action on safety issues and demonstrate a sense or urgency for safety
- Read a book on risk that challenges your own beliefs on safety management
- Find a WHS Network that you can join
Pick the Right Resolution
You’ll give yourself your best shot at success if you set a goal that’s achievable— and meaningful too.