Peter Collins, Senior Consultant (WHS)
email@example.com | 08 8210 2812 | 0400 057 935
Service and Capabilities
Peter combines both qualifications and 17 years of experience in consulting and practice in risk management. Peter has operated in both private and public sectors and in a wide range of industries. Peter brings 6 years’ experience within WorkCover Corporation Customer Operations and Business Operations: Self-Insurance Portfolio and qualifications in Mechanical Engineering, Auditing, Health and Safety Management and Hygiene.
Peter has worked in a wide range of industries. Formally an OHS advisor for large retail self-insured stores and as a WorkCover Corporation Evaluator in OHS and Injury Management.
The industries include:
- Aged Care & Hospitals
- Smelters & Foundries
- Agriculture & Zoos
- Local Government
- Strategic planning, system development;
- Legislative auditing and implementation and review of safety and injury management systems (particularly for self-insured companies, and large to medium size companies).
- Auditing of OHS and Injury Management systems
- Providing training and running seminars for “Zoo Safe Program,” “Australian Industry Group,” “Hazard Management” and training in “Risk Management”; predominately in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Senior WHS Consultant, Lawson Risk Management
- OHS Management, Zoos South Australia
- OHS Advisor, Australian Industry Group
- Regional H&S Manager SA/NT Big W Discount Stores SA
- Account Manager / Performance Evaluator, WorkCover Corporation
- OHS Consultant, WorkCover Corporation
- Quality and HS&E Coordinator, Boral Window Systems
- Quality Assurance and OH&S Manager, Detroit Diesel – Allison Australia
- Project Engineer, DETCO Energy Systems
Education and Professional Membership
- Graduate Diploma – Health and Safety Management, The University of Adelaide and University of South Australia
- Workers Compensation Training, WorkCover Corporation
- OHS Systems Auditing, Quality Assurance Services
- Associate Diploma Mechanical Engineering, TAFE
- Hygiene for Food Handlers, TAFE
- Member, Safety Institute of Australia
- Member, Australian Safe Communities Foundation
- Member, Zoos & Aquarium Association